As a learning environment it is critical that we have our values clear, and this is why they are stated here as the first post, from these all else should follow:
- Always Be Learning – This is the basic state of mind, in a world where new fields of knowledge are created in lighting speed and AI is waiting around the corner to do whatever it is you’re doing, better than you (sorry Kasparov) the only option is to constantly invest in one self.
- Be Real – Life is too short to work on things that have no meaning, do something someone needs. That way you will not waste time, get real feedback and steer clear of BS.
- Take Responsibility – “Learning is not done to you, it is something you choose to do.” – Seth Godin. No one can learn for you or prescribe what works best for you. Make sure you understand this before embarking on your journey, you will own both your success and your failures.
- Learn to Sell – If you’re going to get anything done in the real world you have to be comfortable selling – getting others to part with resources (e.g. money, attention etc.) in order to advance your goals.
- Embrace Digital – Our world includes new set of exponentially growing capacities (Data, Connectivity and Computational power), failing to embrace them is a form of waste, which will leave you behind.
- Move Forward – by keeping positive, free and balanced, you know you are in the right direction. As there is so much pull and push, from so many directions, only these will enable sustainable progress.
- Diversity is an asset – it is a privilege we enjoy that allows us to keep growing. without it we slip into a state of conformity and rout. Actively seek the different.
- Teach – As it is the highest form of knowing and is the building block of community.
- Reflect – Take time to think back on your success, failures and all that fall in between, as reflection gives you a chance to revisit and enjoy the benefits of the experience for a second time and from a new angle.
These are what we are starting off with, as we truly believe that we are always learning (value #1), they are not set in stone and my change as we move forward (value #6).